Tips for Purchasing Commercial Greenhouses and Starting Greenhouse Businesses
Are you starting to think that it is about time to finally start your own landscape supply or flower sales business?
Maybe you want to sell some of the best fruits and veggies in your town.
Whatever your reason is, if you are thinking about getting into a commercial venture involving plants, you are going to want to make sure that you are checking out all of the various options available to you through commercial solar greenhouses, conservatory greenhouses, and commercial glass greenhouses.
- This commercial greenhouse buyers guide will teach you how to buy commercial greenhouses and greenhouse accessory products, while getting the best for the lowest prices.
- The guide will also teach you about creating commercial greenhouse jobs, and how to pick the best applicants for the job.
You might think that the commercial greenhouse is something that you will have to do without during the start up of your business because of the cost.
However, many will reasonable argue that you really cannot afford to go without the best possible greenhouse.
If you really want to make sure that your business is off to the right start, you are going to want to make sure that you are investing in a quality, and from quality commercial greenhouse manufacturers.
- To do this, you are going to want to make use of the Internet, which will allow you to make sure that you are getting the best out of all of the available options.
- This is some of the research that you will have to do on your own because what may be the perfect commercial greenhouse option for one person may be too much or not enough for another.
- Find what suits your specific needs and go from there.
Price and Budget
Even though there are a lot of other things that you are going to want to take into consideration, it is important to make sure that you are thinking of the price you will have to pay. This way, you will not be overly shocked or unprepared when it comes time to make your purchase.
Obviously, the size, construction materials used and the company you make your purchase through is going to help determine the price of your greenhouse.
- There are small commercial greenhouses that start at five hundred dollars and can go as high as twelve thousand dollars.
- There are some out there that will sell for considerably more money as well.
- Don’t forget, if you are shopping online, you are most likely going to have shipping charges to take into consideration.
Is Online Shopping The Best Idea?
With the possible price factor in mind and then the thought that you will have to pay a shipping charge on top of that, unless you live in Hawaii or Canada, you might be wondering whether or not it would be advisable when shopping for greenhouses, especially if you shop online at all for your commercial greenhouse.
- The thing is though, when you are not shopping online, you are not going to end up with as many options to pick from.
- This could result in your business suffering because you are not able to get the best greenhouse for your needs.
Commercial Greenhouses and Buildings Sizes Available
There are commercial greenhouses that are six feet in length and then there are some that are forty-nine feet in length, like the EarthCare Harvest Greenhouses, which go up to a Large 10×26 Greenhouse. Obviously, there are many different lengths in between and there are even longer ones.
- You are going to want to think about not only the types of plants that you will be growing and how big you expect your business to be, but you are going to want to take into consideration the amount of space you have for a commercial greenhouse.
- The last thing you want to do is to take up every inch of space that you have so that you are no longer able to walk around the property. This probably would not be very good for business.
Shopping New or Used
If times are tight, you might think about purchasing a used commercial greenhouse. You might even be able to construct your own.
- The thing is though, you have to be extra careful to make sure that the greenhouse you end up with is one that is not only going to give your plants the best environment possible, but that you will have something that is safe for people to walk into and around.
- The last thing you would want would be for someone to get hurt due to shoddy construction.
Also, when you purchase a new commercial greenhouse, you are likely to end up with a warranty of some kind that you will be able to count on throughout the years.
- This is especially important for business owners because there is a lot of liability when you have people walking around your property.
- You have to make sure that you are doing everything you can to make sure that your visitors, your employees and your business as a whole is protected.
Once you have found the perfect commercial greenhouse for your needs, you are going to want to make sure that you are doing all that you can to get the best price for it.
- One of the best ways to do this is to take advantage of online shopping.
There are a lot of sites that will have exactly what you had in mind, or at least very close to it and you will want to see what they have to offer in terms of price.
- Along with the price comparison, you will also want to compare what they are charging for shipping and whether or not they are offering a suitable warranty.
- If getting a quality warranty means you are going to have to pay just a little more for your commercial greenhouse, it may very well be worth it.
Related articles, news, and resources:
- New York School Kids Build Their Own Greenhouse, Grow Their Own Veggies (treehugger.com)
- Commercial Greenhouse Construction Plans – (minigreenhousekits.com)
- North Caroline Commercial Horticulture Nursery & Turf – (ces.ncsu.edu)
- Starting in the Greenhouse Business – (extension.umd.edu)
- Greenhouse and Nursery Resources – (wvu.edu)